1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cheesy egg salad sandwiches

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Tala, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I made this tonight and though yall might appreciate the recipe.

Remember, this recipe is just a list of suggestions.
    Recipe goes like this:

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    4-5 hard cooked eggs
    1/4 cup diced pickles or relish
    1/2 cup Mayo
    1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
    salt, pepper & paprika to taste

Smash the eggs into a chunky paste, add everything else, mix well and season to taste.

How I actually do it:

I hard boil 6 or 7 eggs, peel them then smash them up with a pastry blender tool (I used to use a food processor but I don't like to clean it), shred cheese and mix in enough to make the desired ratio. Then squirt in a big dollop of mustard, chop 3-4 dill pickle spears to add. Then add enough Mayo to create the desired sandwich consistancy. Then season to taste. Sometimes I'm in the mood to add garlic salt or granulated garlic to the mix, somedays I like it without. I don't actually measure anything [​IMG]
    Serve with bread for sandwiches, although I can eat it plain too.

It's VERY good! High in calories and saturated fats - exactly the way I like it! [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm going to try this during the holidays...with some honey mustard instead of the mustard.... and a little less mayo.

3. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Egg salad with honey mustard is yummy!

4. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Is adding cheese to anything ever a Bad Idea? [​IMG]

5. chicken+quail=luv

chicken+quail=luv Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Strawberry fields.
    When I first saw this thread, I thought you meant 'Cheesy' as in corny. Then I thought, how could an egg salad sandwich ever be cheesy?

Oh...

[​IMG]

Sounds de-lish! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by