1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chello from TN

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChikMom, Apr 15, 2016.

1. ChikMom

ChikMom New Egg

Apr 15, 2016
    I am a newbie "member" to BYC, but have referenced it quite often! I am a city girl who was raised in a condo, but now my family lives on 3 acres. It's superfun! The Easter bunny brought us 7 chickies and a baby duck last year. And this year he brought us two more duckies and 22 more chickies. Who knew this would all be so much fun? [​IMG]

I'm still learning everything about chickens, ducks, and gardening. Along with being quite entertaining, they are our outdoor "pets" who give us amazing little eggs, and I'm cultivating treasures in my garden, too! I even started composting this year.... I know...WHOA, right?!

Now, my current mission is to figure out how my boys (roosters), and girls (hens), and their ducky friends can happily co-exist in their pens. Free-ranging would be cool, but chicken-eating neighbor dogs prevent that. Hubby and I are building a new chickie "palace" (as he calls it) this spring, so wish us luck! [​IMG]

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    It's a natural fact the the chicken eating neighborhood
    dog can be hard on a flock.

Nothing like a secure coop and a solid run for their
    safety. Don't forget to post pictures when hubby gets
    the palace done.

Welcome to the nest, look around and feel
    free to ask questions if you need anything.

Meanwhile, I would have a talk with that Easter Bunny...

Spook

4. ChikMom

ChikMom New Egg

Apr 15, 2016
    Love my bantam babies.... We got two white silkies last year, and they're both boys....but the little silver duckwings and silver laced ones are little girls.... bless em!

The bunny brought fluffy brown partridge bantams, and buff babies....sure they'll be cute too!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    We'd love to see photos of your babies. If you have ones you aren't sure of - post photos at "what breed or gender is this." Age is very important, so please mention that when posting. [​IMG]

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to here that you are not immune to chicken maths [​IMG]

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by