Chemical Ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duck15, Jul 13, 2011.

1. duck15

duck15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Philippines Makati
    Is there any chemical duck and if there is what is it? because i have a duck its brown and 5-6months old that hasnt grown an inch its like the size of a hand
    but the legs grow tall but the body is small.what the heck is this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
  2. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    a photo would help a lot in this case [​IMG]

3. duck15

Jul 12, 2011
    Philippines Makati
    sorry i dont have any photo [​IMG]

4. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

no idea what a chemical duck is and without photos I dont think your going to get much help

5. Stormy Autumn

Stormy Autumn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Florida
    Hi, duck15. Is English your first language? I don't think "chemical duck" means anything. Maybe you were looking for some other phrase?
    There are many different species of ducks with lots of different body shapes, but without a picture no one will be able to identify it. Is this a wild duck or a pet? Do you have any other information?

6. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Do you mean a miniature duck? Yes, there are miniature ducks. Do you know anything about the parents of this duck? Where did it come from? What are you feeding it? How is it behaving? Does it have companions? This is all information that will help us help you.

And welcome! [​IMG]

7. Aglaboost

Aglaboost Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2011
    Chemical Ducks would be a cool band name. [​IMG]

8. duck15

Jul 12, 2011
    Philippines Makati
    actually i live in the philippines where they feed ducks with chemicals i think that will make it grow faster.but the eggs that it lays when hatch becomes a chemical duck and does not grow it is just sold for fun i think. thats why i need more info:D

9. cbohn80

cbohn80 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    nj
    wow, thats really cruel, might i suggest not buying ducks from people who practice that.

10. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    That is so sad! I hope that's not what you have, and if it is, I hope it doesn't suffer any lasting harm. I'm sorry no one here (so far) is able to help you--obviously, we have nothing of the sort in the U.S. and I've never even heard of it. It is so fascinating to hear about things in other cultures. Every culture has it's weird, it's wonderful, it's ugly, and it's beautiful. I would say this is probably one of the "uglies," but at least this one duck has a good home with someone who cares. Good luck with it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by