Chest pain, birth control, PCOS

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by abigalerose, Mar 4, 2017.

1. abigalerose

abigalerose Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2016
    Okay so totally not chicken related, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this, or has any ideas what it may be, because I'm going crazy sitting around thinking about it.

My doctor told me about 3 months ago that I have PCOS. She put me on birth control about 2 and a half months ago. I quit taking my BC 5 days ago, because it was causing me all sorts of trouble. Sorry for the slight graphicness but, I've been having my period/spotting for 54 days. My boobs have been very sore (finally going away now), sick to my stomach, etc. 3 weeks ago I had this horrible chest pain, it felt like someone was stabbing me in my back on the left side, and in my neck, and like there was a sting of pain connecting the 2 spots, it lasted for a minute or 2 and it felt like I couldn't breath or swallow. I didn't think much of it becuase I've had some weird chest pains before (never that bad though) and my doctor said nothing is wrong with me. But then it happened again on February 26th, twice in one day, so I thought, with all my other symptoms and since BC can cause clots, heart problems, etc. that it may be all tied together. So I quit taking BC the next day and made a Drs appointment. Dr said I have high blood pressure and my hearts beating too fast, but no sounds of a mass, etc. he told me to come back on the 15th once the BC is completely out of my system and we'll check again and go from there. Well I had another chest pain on the 2nd, and again just now. So they're getting more frequent. Most of my other symptoms from the BC have gone away and my period is stopping finally.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on this weird chest pain?
    My family thinks anxiety but I do not have any other anxiety symptoms, although I have had panic attacks in the past (at busy places like amusement parks).

2. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    [​IMG] thats crazy, i am sorry you are going through this, i would ask for a referral to see a cardiologist
    always get a 2nd opinion

3. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Get to a cardiologist. They will put a halter monitor on you that will record your heart and they will listen to it.
    Plus be ready for a stress test. They will put a 12 lead ekg on you and have you walk on a tread mill till they get your heart beat to a certain level then once you cannot walk any more they do an ultrasound of your heart checking the valves.

Certain medication get me too. I took a Mucinex DM yesterday for this cold I have and went into tachiacardia; which is a fast heart rate.

Have you gone to the ER when these chest pains have hit? They can do the 12 lead there plus to a blood draw to check for the proteins released when the heart is in distress.
    Women have heart attacks different from men.

4. megdarling

megdarling Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2017
    Walkertown, NC
    Try taking some Zantac, it relieves 99% of my chest pains.

5. nwidahofarms

nwidahofarms New Egg

Mar 6, 2017
    Emmett idaho
    Im a guy and been having chest pain the last to day been staying up all night for 2 weeks trying to keep 56 baby turkeys alive this weather is driving me nuts getting really cold at night hard to control the temp in all my broiler boxes

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I agree with seeing a cardiologist. They should at least rule out heart issues. If it's not cardiac related, then you can move on to other things like anxiety or even respiratory. However, with your description plus the history of high blood pressure and fast heart rate, I would want to get that checked out pretty quick. I don't think going to the ER would be wrong in this case.

As far as birth control, I couldn't take hormonal pills so I tried the IUD Skyla and I love it. I don't know if that would work for PCOS, but I highly recommend it to friends when they ask.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by