Chestnut Call Duck Color?

Holderread's 'chestnut' color is a derivative of the silver appleyard/ harlequin color pattern.
Dave calls it a dark silver appleyard color, speaking of the claret/ chestnut coloring on the drake's chest and sides, so I'm assuming the chestnut color is similiar to the American call duck Aluetian color. I'll soon find out when the birds get here.

Holderread's 'chestnut' color is a derivative of the silver appleyard/ harlequin color pattern.
Dave calls it a dark silver appleyard color, speaking of the claret/ chestnut coloring on the drake's chest and sides, so I'm assuming the chestnut color is similiar to the American call duck Aluetian color. I'll soon find out when the birds get here.

Sounds cool can't wait for pics..

Took my babies 3 days to get here. They were suppose to get here yesterday on my day off work, but came today. Put them in a box in my office, they drank nearly a whole cup of water. I love the color of the hen, she has a white chest and underparts that can't be seen in the photo. Very little, good type, the hen appears a tad higher quality than the drake, but love them both.

Took my babies 3 days to get here. They were suppose to get here yesterday on my day off work, but came today. Put them in a box in my office, they drank nearly a whole cup of water. I love the color of the hen, she has a white chest and underparts that can't be seen in the photo. Very little, good type, the hen appears a tad higher quality than the drake, but love them both.
@duckmeister they are beautiful... How are they today?

Last edited:
Thank you Miss Lydia, they are doing great today, put them in the pen with 5 other calls to socialize and get used to their new home, they are the smallest sized of all my call ducks.
I am glad to hear they are doing great that was a long time in transit. Hope they all get along and make the new 2 feel at home.
Be sure to post more pics when you can.. of all your calls.

Back
Top Bottom