Chic bator The adventure Comeing now to a BYC thread near you!! We have viens!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gabrielle1976, Jan 5, 2013.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    OK so I have heard about the chic bator for years now , it was one of the first incubators I ever remmber seeing in our local farm store, I have read all the horrible things people have to say and I have also read how people keep saying there gonna try it anyways cuase it cant be that bad right [​IMG] . So I went to GQF's web site and as they had 4 bob white eggs and free shipping I choose to order from them though several sights here have it . I must say it was pretty fast only took about 5 or 6 days from the time I orderd it till the time it showed up on my door step, Well at my moms house but thats another story, I got it unpacked , the packing was good , everything seemed to be in good shape, it came with a sheet of instructions so I got ready to put it together started on step one. Screw the 7 watt bulb into the cord thing and plug it in to make sure it works so I did , guess what no light ,ok I figure this bulb looks like it has seen better days and may have set a few years to many in light bulb limbo , as fate would have it I randomly bought like 3 pakages of diffrent wierd sized bulbs from my local doller store so I had a 3 pack of 7 watt bulbs so I replace to bulb and plug it back in , Nada , ok try a another bulb , Zip , ok try the last bulb AND a new plug in NOTHING. Sigh ok so I havent even made it past step #1 and I am haveing product issues that have nothing to do with me. So I pack everything neatly back in the box and call the number on the shipping form. No answer becuase of course there not open after five pm and wont be open this week end [​IMG]
    I was all set to have any number of problems with this little bator being the bator that it is , and in all honesty its basiclly 2 thinn plastic bowls with a bit of wire mesh and aluminum foil and a 7 watt night light bulb, but I was hopeing to get past the set up stage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  2. Pancholoco

Pancholoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
    Sorry to hear that[​IMG], I'm pretty sure you was so exited like a boy in a candy store opening the bator and getting all the parts together, but wooala, it doesn't turned on [​IMG][​IMG]if I was you I would be so angry too. But try to reach them they might replace it or give you money back. Lo siento.

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Oh man, that's not a good way to start [​IMG] If that was me I'd have sent it back and demanded my money back. Don't they test the products to see if it works before they send it off? It's giving you trouble before you even started! [​IMG] it'll get better from here...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  4. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    [​IMG] I can see why something thats shipped out to people in truely large numbers might not all get tested but really they cant be shipping huge amounts of these out you would think they would at lest plug in the cord .

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    If you are going to charge money for something you must check and make sure it works. Did you get hold of them yet?

6. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    No they are only open mon - fri 8am-5pm Eastern standerd time so I have to wait till monday. I dont want to wait till monday I want to fix it now [​IMG] . I will get this dang thing to hatch an egg for me and if I cant , someone that has some experance with diffrent kinds of bators LG still air , LG forced air , Brinsea mini eco , If I cant get something to hatch from it then I will have to always strongly recomment people not get it . But I want to be able to try it out and I cant untill I get the dang cord to work [​IMG]

7. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Does anyone else out there have these incubators or have had them and used them , I would love to hear your feed back about them from personal experiance not just stuff you heard about from somewhere, I am trying my best to do a scientific fact based go at this just for information. Thanks

8. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    [​IMG]
    So really no one has tried this little thing , I know its not ideal but Im surprised at 20 bucks and comeing with free eggs half the time that more of us hatch addicted people havent use it at least once. I would really like those stories .

9. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Well It looks like I will just be writeing this thread for myself lol but that is ok with my memory I could use a blow by blow on any project I am doing.
    So I called GQF yesterday and told them about the cord she was nice and said she would ship a replacement out as soon as possible , only problem is Im not sure she understood what she was replaceing or I understood what she is replaceing , Nice though she was I didnt understand her very well, she did ask once if the bulb wasnt working and I told her no I tried 4 bulbs and it must be the cord or the socket on the cord. So I have my fingers crossed that my inability to understand her dosnt mean that she didnt understand , I would hate to wait 10 days for my new cord only to find she sent a bulb instead and have to repeat the process.
    Still looking for stories from anyone that has used this little incubator.

10. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I'm here, you're not writing this thread all for yourself! I don't have the Chick Bator, but I do have a still air LG. Let me tell ya, right after I got it I got on BYC and read all sorts of horrible things about it. But, I set it up and have had great hatches with it. So, mayhaps after all of the trouble this thing is giving you, you'll set it and love it. At least, I hope you do! I would have been in a tizzy if I hadn't been able to use my new bator ASAP! Which is why I didn't order it and have it shipped. Me likes instant gratification ;) Good luck, I hope you get it up and running soon!!!
    Nikki

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by