Chick 911- One of Two chicks is still standing and she's freaking out

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BsBelle, Aug 20, 2010.

1. BsBelle

BsBelle Hatching

Jul 29, 2010
    I just returned home to find that we didn't completely close the door to the room that our 2 chicks were in and while we were out our cat reeked havoc on our baby chicks! I'm beside myself right now. We only had 2 chicks and one is dead. The other is freaking out. The 2 chicks would get so loud when someone picked one up and not the other, and now the lonely one has been making a racket for 30 min. It's too late to go pick up a new room mate (which I was planning on getting two more chicks tomorrow)... I'm just wondering if my chick will be ok through the night? I already feel horrible and she is freaking out all by herself. I don't want her to overwork herself.... Anyone have advice????
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Some people on this message board have advised using a little mirror so a lonely chick sees a friend in it. Also a feather duster or stuffed animal to snuggle with.

I am only parroting what I have read, only since I see you haven't had any responses yet.

I hope someone else will chime in.

[​IMG] to your little baby.

3. BsBelle

BsBelle Hatching

Jul 29, 2010
    Thank you, That is helpful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: