chick addition and brooder question

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by critterwhisper, Feb 13, 2013.

1. critterwhisper

critterwhisper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    First off wanted to admit i have a addiction!i was so close to buying a few easter eggers and a few brahma's today at rual king,so close that dh had a extra feeder and chick water container in his hands-arggg! Is this normal? I was worried since my girls were vaccinated and these were not that i would put my flock at risk,is this possible? My second question my wek and two day girls must/have been hoarding mt.dew somewhere because today they have been off their rockers- lol busted two of them flying on top of their water jar and roosting on it just to then dive bomb down on their sisters and then try to fly up the brooder wall-lmao! I am thinking maybe chicken wire on the top of the brooder box??is this safe for my high flying leaping girls?

2. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Hi & [​IMG].Chicks are so cute it's hard not to buy more [​IMG]. Chicken wire has too large or holes so if, they hit it just right they could hang themselves. A better choice would be hardware cloth 1/4" or 1/2" . I will let someone else answer your first question.

3. critterwhisper

critterwhisper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Thank you :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by