Chick Attack

Fieona

Chirping
11 Years
Nov 15, 2008
Hi,
I have 5 chicks, they are 6 weeks old. I got them when they were only a few days old. I got them so young because i wanted them to be freindly and not be afraid around people. Well it worked, maybe a little too well. Now everytime i go into the coop they immediatly run up to me and then try to fly right on to my arms, shoulders or head. At first i thought it was cute but as they are getting bigger their claws hurt. Then it became dangerous. My sister in law came over to check out the cute chicks. She was holding her 11mth old baby. One of the chicks flew right onto the baby face. Leaving a big scratch down her eye and check
sad.png
. Dang they aren't even that big yet. Hate to have them be full grown and continue to do this, yikes. I now push them off of me when they try to fly on me. Will they out grow this? Any ideas on how to get them to stop? In the mean time I guess i have to put a sign on the coop "Beware of Attacking Chickens"
smile.png
3 are aroucanas and 2 are RIR.

I have a roost for them in the inside part of coop but not the outside (I guess that would be called the chicken run). They only go inside the coop at sundown for the night and they will not roost on it yet.

Back
Top Bottom