1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick bator, any good???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tororider, Apr 25, 2008.

1. tororider

tororider Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southeast MI
    I am thinking about trying to hatch out a few eggs. I am wondering if the chick bator you see on ebay can hold 3-4 eggs, and if it works well or at all? Thanks.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't think I've ever read anything good about it on here. I don't have any personal experiance with it tho.

3. Joy1

Joy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Lancashire,England
    Bought one from Kemps , wanted to send negative feedback but was threatened with negative feedback myself! The chick bators are very fiddily to keep the temperatures on an even keel, but I have heard one or two people having success with them. Google the name chick bator and see what you come up with.

4. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    We had one when I was a child, but it only worked so-so. I was too young to remember a lot about it, and mom says she doesn't remember that it was all that great. From what I have read online, the temperature does not remain stable. One solution people have used is to keep the bator in a cardboard or styrofoam box to help stabilize the temperature. It'd be nice to find a small one that is dependable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by