Chick-bator Incubator With Free Quail Eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by rule6660, Mar 16, 2011.

1. rule6660

rule6660 Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2010
    Boothbay
    Is this a good incubator to get? does this have a egg turner in it or do i need to turn them? ~AJ~

2. SandraMort

SandraMort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    If that's the 30 dollar one on amazon, the reviews were pretty mediocre. Not sure it's worth getting something that cheap -- if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

3. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    I am quite sure those have ruined more eggs than they will ever hatch. If 30.00 is all you can spend, buy a wafer thermostat off ebay for 25.00 and put a light bulb in a styrofoam cooler. you now have a still air bator. Add the fan from your old computer and you have a pretty darn good forced air incubator.... or save up for the brinsea eco 20. I did both, both running for the last 2 months straight. Neither have varied more that 2 deg. Bill

4. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

try a lg or one of those harvest farm ones of eggcartons.com

5. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Those incubators have broke more kid's hearts than santa not coming down their chimney. It's a peice of plastic with a light bulb. Takes einstein to come up with a contraption as advanced as that. Seriously buy a Brinsea or Hovabator. Throw that and the LG out the window...

1 person likes this.
  6. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

im poor lol i cant afford a brinsea with a turner

7. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Oh Lord Them Things Have Killed More Bird Eggs Than The Us Mail!

8. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    Quote:i have used LG incubators for over 15 years now have 2 now with silkie eggs in both.and have hatched hundreds of eggs in them. with no problems at all. it is a good cheap incubator. if you add a computer fan it is then a great incubator. the lg sells for around $45 at the feed store here in town. give it a try you will like it

9. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:i have used LG incubators for over 15 years now have 2 now with silkie eggs in both.and have hatched hundreds of eggs in them. with no problems at all. it is a good cheap incubator. if you add a computer fan it is then a great incubator. the lg sells for around $45 at the feed store here in town. give it a try you will like it

NOTE "SILKIE EGGS". AND YES THEY ARE FINE CHICKEN EGG INCUBATOR... I OWN SEVERAL. BUT THEY SUCK FOR GAMEBIRDS... SORRY BUT THATS JUST THE PLAIN OLE UGLY TRUTH RIGHT THERE... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by