1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick born with huge eyes!! Help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by danajo84, Apr 13, 2016.

1. danajo84

danajo84 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2016
    Springtown Texas
    I hatched 6 other baby's in the last day and this was the final one number 7 and his eyes do not look normal. He is hardly moving and has only opened eyes once or twice. Will he live with the eyes like that?[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    His eyes seem normal...?

3. danajo84

danajo84 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2016
    Springtown Texas

They seem a little more normal now. He/she is just way smaller then all the others I hatched so I think that's why they seemed so big. Plus it would barely move and will hardly open one of the eyes still. IT hatched at 11 today and still isn't getting around as well as the other. The others progressed much faster is what I mean. She is very tiny.

4. et22

et22 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2016
    I had a chick last year that was very small and weak and didn't move around much. You just have to give her/he some time and they will probably make it but there is a change she/he won't but I hope it will. My was on the verge of death and she is perfectly fine now. Yours doesn't look as bad as mine did. Make sure to give news if she improves! I hope she/he comes out okay.

1 person likes this.
  5. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    What breed are they and where did you get the eggs? Could she just be a bantam?

6. KCH03

KCH03 New Egg

Apr 18, 2016
    hi im kch03 maybe the chick wasn't developed. did you hatch it or did it hatch on its own.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by