1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick Breed ID Game :) ALL ARE BANTAMS PUREBREDS with PICS!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by monarc23, Mar 28, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Okay heres the deal, I got hatching eggs from a fellow BYC'er on here, traveled the whole way from California to here in PA. All but one egg developed to hatching. Only a few were marked most weren't as the breeder didn't have time to mark them as she was going on vacation as she was getting them ready to send out to me. ANYWHOOO!!! So heres the game!!!

Chicks are 2 days old today, some I'm pretty sure what they are others I'm unsure. I want to see if you agree with the breeds, and or what you think they are. ALL chicks are pure! Theres the possibility for Cochins, D'Uccles, Old English Game Bantams, and Seramas. ALso if you'd like to guess colors go right ahead im curious what you all come up with! I will keep it updated as they mature so we can see who was right and such! [​IMG] I paired and trioed up chicks that I am pretty sure are the same breeds. [​IMG]

Chick A
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick B
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick C
    [​IMG]

Chicks D & E
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chicks F, G & H
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick I
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And lastly....

Chick J
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure that D & E are OEGBs
    I'm also pretty sure that chicks B and I are cochins?
    I'm thinking F, G & H may be seramas (they had the poss. of having feathered feet)
    A I think is a D'Uccle
    and C was marked as a Serama if I remember correctly but I may be wrong.

Guess and guess away! [​IMG] Make sure to say the letter with the chicks you are trying to ID. Remember if you know the colors as well please post what you think they are too [​IMG] Winner just gets the knowledge of knowing that they guess the most correctly [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I don't care what they are, they are adorable... take pics every other week for us, OK?

3. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:haha if i remember SURE [​IMG] and thank you im pretty proud of them, my first WHAT I consider 100% hatch [​IMG] [​IMG] Comoonnnn no guesses at all [​IMG]

4. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Has anyone else looked at this thread? Sure the title says 'game" but it doesnt have to be seesh lol. I just want my birds ID'ed by anyone who may know for sure.

Thanks for any help! [​IMG]

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I'd love to help but I know nothing about the breeds listed. Sorry!

6. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Can't help you gun they are too cute thou!

7. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Chick D looks like a serama. F, G, and H are they must be crossbread IF they are seramas. Seramas will occasionally pop up booted, but not to that extent unless someone breeds for feathered feet.

8. ZZsBabiez

ZZsBabiez Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Central California
    This is a brain twister.. LOL but fun
    Is Chick C is a Partridge Cochin?
    Chick A a Millie?
    D & E I guess Serama

9. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I think the breeder is breeding for feathered feet as she told me some may have feathered feet (which I think is facinating) [​IMG]

as for everyones guesses so far, we'll see [​IMG] I'm really interested and am happy I get a front row seat to their development [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by