Chick breed searching

MayaMirko

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2023
Hello! I'm looking to expand my flock and I'm looking for a specific breed, the black-breasted red old english game bantam.
I have a basic idea of what the chicks look like (brown stripes from eyes and top of head down to the tail with beige fluff) but I just want to be certain that that is the only type of bantam chick that fits that description: I'd be kinda disappointed to end up with the wrong kind. my local store restocks it's chicks Wednesday, and I'm hoping I could be sure before then.
Also! if there's any way for me to know what gender the chick is (like difference in fluff, mannerisms, anything) please let me know! I am really hoping to find a baby roo :))

below are the kind of roos I am looking for, if anyone can send photos of what their chicks look like exactly I'd be very greatful, thank you <3

Attachments

• black_breasted_red_oe_bantam_mary_miller-scaled.jpg
    black_breasted_red_oe_bantam_mary_miller-scaled.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 20
  • McMurrayHatchery-BBRed-Old-English-Game-Bantam.jpg
    McMurrayHatchery-BBRed-Old-English-Game-Bantam.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2
The second picture is a brown red Japanese game bantam. They would not have chipmunk stripes. But since you do not know the difference I think no matter what bantam it is, as long as it has the right coloring, you will be happy. And all chickmunk chicks will turn out duckwing when they grow up, which is the coloring you want. :)

The second picture is a brown red Japanese game bantam. They would not have chipmunk stripes. But since you do not know the difference I think no matter what bantam it is, as long as it has the right coloring, you will be happy. And all chickmunk chicks will turn out duckwing when they grow up, which is the coloring you want. :)
Thank you, very much appreciated<33

Back
Top Bottom