CHICK BROKE HER LEG PLEASE ANSWER I MEDIATLETY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by xahmed122, Oct 3, 2012.

1. xahmed122

xahmed122 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2012
    Hayward, C.A.
    hey my chick has just broke her leg or she might have sprained it i dont know but is there a way to make it heal faster i mean she is limbing but over all she is ok and btw she is a barred rock and is about 4 weeks old and all she is doing is limping i put her in a box and i dont know wat else to do i really need help[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] AND ALSO WHEN WILL IT HEAL UP!

2. Back2MyRoots

Back2MyRoots Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Auburn, Alabama
    Can you post a pic of her leg? Does she put weight on it at all? Is there swelling? Can you tell if it is in a joint or a bone?

3. xahmed122

Sep 26, 2012
    Hayward, C.A.
    no i cant tell and she isnt puttung any waeght on it when she walks and there is no visible thing that so theres no point to take a pic and there is no swelling

4. Back2MyRoots

Apr 3, 2012
    Auburn, Alabama
    when did it start?

5. xahmed122

Sep 26, 2012
    Hayward, C.A.
    3 days ago

6. LiLChicken

LiLChicken Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2012
    I-Da-Ho
    Hayward, Livermore checking in here, I hope she is OK and the others with far more knowledge than I help you out but if it were mine I would put her out of the pain.

7. Back2MyRoots

Apr 3, 2012
    Auburn, Alabama
    has it improved or deteriorated over the last few days?

8. JesseK

JesseK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2012
    IA
    When my girl was attacked by a dog she was limping like crazy from where the dog grabbed her foot and tried to pull her out of the nest box. My father in law who is a vet told me to feel for a break - start at her haunches and run your hand down her leg. If it is broken you will feel a place that moves like it shouldn't. If it isn't broken, you'll just have to wait and see how she does. My Ruby wouldn't put weight on her leg for about 4 or 5 days - then she slowly got better. Now her limp is completely gone. Good luck!!!

9. xahmed122

Sep 26, 2012
    Hayward, C.A.
    well to tell you the truthe im only twelve and it might feel gross

10. ELauraD

ELauraD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2012
    Auburn, Washington
    I'm afraid I can't help you on this but I did want to say how much I appreciate the situation you are finding yourself in. I too went down to my coop one morning and found one of the chickens with her leg stuck straight out. I can't emphasize how freaked out I was to see this. I went back up to the house to collect everything I could think of that I might need to "help" my chicken. I was grateful to see upon my return that she had simply gotten stuck in her morning stretch. I think too God might have answered my prayers for help! Whew! Your situation is different from mine I know, but I want you to know it is moments like these that we grow in our maturity. To put the needs of our livestock above our own feelings is part of becoming an adult -gotta say, I'm proud of you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by