Chick Brooder Q.

<3ChickenForever

Fire Is Catching
8 Years
Feb 20, 2011
WI
I have 3 week old baby chicks [[there's 4]] and I was wondering when I could put them out in my garage in the bigger brooder. But the problem is It was cold the past weeks and I wanted to know if they could handle a little bit of cold? And yes they would have a heat lamp but its about 2.5-3 feet up. When do you think I could put them out there?

(avg. temp. lately was 35-45 F. but it's suppose to get warmer this week but it could inch back down too, anytime.)

Thanks for any help!

As long as they have the heat lamp, and there are no drafts, go ahead and put them out there :)

I'd go ahead and put some warm, fluffy bedding in there for them to. If they sleep on the ground

in the bedding, drafts should not be a problem.

ScissorChick

The light would be about two feet up and there isnt drafts. And I'd say it was about 40 F there today?

Any other suggestions??

My chicks are a week old right now and are kept in their coop in a small area with a light. It got to 34 last night and with the light their temps stayed right where it was supposed to around 90 to 95
smile.png
good luck!

Our garage is sometimes always cold even when it's 50-60. I think I might just put them in this weekend. It's s'pose to get to 70.

Back
Top Bottom