Chick (Buster) is helping the others

Ms Ellen

Songster
14 Years
Aug 8, 2008
Virginia
This chick is a piece of work. He is going around helping the other chicks zip out. At one point he had his entire beak inside another chick's egg. Only about 4 hours old and he already has earned a name for himself. Have you ever seen this?

I really believe that chicks like Buster are the only reason some chicks get out of their shells alive! Buster chicks are so persistent in their encouragement that the chick in the egg works harder and faster to get out. I've seen a couple like Buster...I love his name!!
big_smile.png

Then again, maybe he isent trying to help them get out, he might be trying to get back in and telling them all "stay in its a big weired world out here" LOL !!!

LOL:yuckyuck

My son says Buster is going to be an "interesting" chicken. Maybe he is just trying to increase the size of "his" flock.
gig.gif

I don't do video and I can send pictures by phone but I have to beg to get someone to send them back to my email to post. Everyone will be in town (at my house:eek:) this week so I should be able to find someone to help.

We are up to seven with one more pipped. I don't think Buster found that one yet.

Wow, those chicks are lucky to have Buster...when we hatched chicks in the 'bator, all the first chick did was wait until his brothers hatched out & then wobbled over to peck them all in the eye. He always was a little trouble causer
roll.png

My son actually did get a video but we can't get it to the computer. The egg is hatching and Buster is helping with the membrane and then he walks away. Another chick walks over and starts pecking at the membrane and then Buster comes charging back and attacks that chick and chases it away. Not exactly what we were expecting to happen! Buster and his "flock" had to be evicted to the brooder today because when the first chick from the second batch hatched they started pecking it before it could even get it's breath from hatching. The lone chick from the second batch is now laying around in the incubator recovering like a normal chick would. Several more eggs have pips so hopefully more babies in the morning!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom