Chick can't walk

1kasey

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 9, 2013
Hi all, I came across this website while googling for how to help my baby Easter Egger. She has been fine for weeks until today I noticed she isn't able to walk or stand without flopping all over the place :( I've never had a sick or hurt chick before so I'm at a loss for what to do. I have 5 other chicks and they're all fine. I've moved EE inside in a rabbit cage with the runt for company. They're snuggled up together sleeping right now under a heat lamp. That's one thing that's odd about this batch of chicks. All they seem to want to do is huddle under the lamp, even during the day. I have them in the garage so could it be they just aren't getting enough sunlight to know it's day time? I got them from a woman who has hundreds of chickens so I guess it wouldn't be hard to imagine them getting a disease of some sort, but all her adult birds looked fit as fiddles.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

nettifer

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
hi if they areall huddling togeather then they are cold ! as for the poorley one, i would treat for coxidiotis! i had a listless one and i fed it honey and water through a syringe every couple of hrs i treated with harpers coxoid jus 7ml in half ltr of water! i gave first dose as i was doing with honey! next day it was running around happy again
wee.gif
but keep up the dose for 7 days ! good luck
bow.gif

Top Bottom