Chick caught cold

Zoohtasim

Crowing
Jun 7, 2021
Hello everyone. I have 6 one week old chicks under my wing and I suppose one caught a cold. It sneezes a lot, it sounds like a "chii" and it is frequent too. Vets dont really help in my country so I would like some advices from y'all. The chick is fine, it runs, it eats and it chirps all while it is sneezing so -
Help?

As long as your chick is behaving normally, sneezing could indicate reaction to an allergen or dust in the environment.

If the chick becomes lethargic and its eyes are runny and there's a discharge from the beak, then you might suspect a respiratory infection. Often those infections clear up on their own. Worse symptoms would require an antibiotic.

As long as your chick is behaving normally, sneezing could indicate reaction to an allergen or dust in the environment.

If the chick becomes lethargic and its eyes are runny and there's a discharge from the beak, then you might suspect a respiratory infection. Often those infections clear up on their own. Worse symptoms would require an antibiotic.
Okay, I will check ty

Okay so the chick is acting sluggish. He is gulping for air, he is a bit drowsy and sleepy. So can that be an infection or something? Do I need to separate him? Uhh help

Where are you located in the world?

Photos of the chick and the brooder? A video of actions may be helpful - upload to youtube and provide a link.

A 1 week old chick that is gulping for air may be failing to thrive.
Has it been able to eat/drink at all on his own? What's the crop like?
Is the vent clear of pasting - doesn't have poop stuck to the vent?
How warm is your brooder?

Photos of the chick and the brooder? A video of actions may be helpful - upload to youtube and provide a link.

I'm in south-east Asia. The baby does eat on its own. No discharge from the beak or the eyes. Vent is clear too

And I unfortunately dont have a brooder. They came in as emergency when the mum killed one of the chicks. I do have a brooder but it is occupied. So I just keep them in a box in my house. It is pretty hot here, and with some bedding they do fine. But I am trying to communicate with some other keepers to lend me one

Can you get some photos of the chick and her poop?

What do you feed?
What's her crop feel like?
Here he is
IMG_20210804_193349.jpg

He did poop on me and it was white and a bit grainy.
I feed him a chick starter feed and water
How do you feel a crop though?

Back
Top Bottom