1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick Chirping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Krazy, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Krazy

Krazy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2007
    California
    I do not know which eggs are chirping but its only on day 14 and I hear a bird chirping inside the incubator weird isn't it.
    I also have chickens eggs with chicks inside and not sure if they are chirping or the quails

2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    14 days seems really early to me. I didn't think they started to chirp until about day 18 or so. Maybe someone else knows...

OH Speckledhen where art thou??

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Definitely shouldn't be chickens hatching that early. Depending on the species of quail you have in there, some hatch on day 17-18. You can view the time tables here..

http://www.gamebird.com/hatching.html

Jody

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yes, I'm with Jody. Never have heard any chirp that early. That's way too early for them to even be able to chirp, at least with chickens.

5. Windy Ridge

Windy Ridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Appalachia
    Possibly the eggs were more developed than you thought when you set them in the 'bator? That's happened before. [​IMG]

6. Krazy

Krazy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2007
    California
    THEY ARE ALL HATCHING! WOOT 4 Are out right now 2 are still hatching

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, those eggs must have been further along than you remembered! Hope it goes well.

8. Krazy

Krazy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2007
    California
    OK . We have 6 out of 6 hatch from the eggs and they are all looking healthy! 100% hatch rate and no problems! We just received duck eggs from the same facility and it has been already incubated from a duck and there is a bird inside there vains are all there aircell are big and see movement inside.
    I have the 6 chicken that hatched 100 quail eggs and 6 duck eggs inside the incubator !! My incubator is full! lol over flow.

Quail are suppose to hatch this sunday and the ducks are suppose to hatch when ever [​IMG] When I saw the chicken eggs hatching I raise humidity and everything was fine. I had it on 50% and up to 70% at end.

I'll be posting pictures in a bit thanks you all for reading!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  9. Krazy

Krazy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2007
    California
    Quails hatched today. 13 more eggs to go out of the 100. You can see the duck eggs inside the incubator in the picture too

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 Chickens from the Facility [ Hatched last friday Friday ]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  10. Windy Ridge

Windy Ridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Appalachia
    So cute!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by