Chick clicking when breathing?

Ok no bubbles that I can see although there so chubby it's hard to tell.
Theres only 2 chicks and the other 1 actually does make same clicking now that I put it up to my ear. When they peep I can hear the clicking also.

I have often noticed this sound when holding a little chick close to my ear. I just went over to my brooder and checked four chicks by listening. Three were making the sound only detectable by placing the bird up to my ear and the fourth, a larger chick was not. i think it is normal. A chick in respiratory trouble will usually be gasping and it is real obvious.

Yup they are doing great. Eating and pooping but I haven't been able to get them to start drinking yet. I tried dipping there beaks and also put a baby duck in there to show them but no luck yet. Hopefully they will get it figured out today.

Does she have any "bubbles" or what might look like air under her skin? With her being so young, it could be a leaking air sac.
I have a chick like this, he has a bubble above and around the wing near neck. Also clicking breathing. I think he was born with it ruptured as I saw the bubble when he hatched. I have used a needle to burst the air bubble but it’s inflated 3 times already again and I’m afraid to keep doing it in case I cause more harm than good. He isn’t trying to eat and is very lethargic with clicking breathing sounds. I hope someone can help.

I have a chick like this, he has a bubble above and around the wing near neck. Also clicking breathing. I think he was born with it ruptured as I saw the bubble when he hatched. I have used a needle to burst the air bubble but it’s inflated 3 times already again and I’m afraid to keep doing it in case I cause more harm than good. He isn’t trying to eat and is very lethargic with clicking breathing sounds. I hope someone can help.
I'll take a look at your thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2-day-old-chick-with-ruptured-air-sac.1454580/

Back
Top Bottom