1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chick color guide

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by key west chick, Jun 3, 2008.

1. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I just received 15 Aracauna chicks.They are a variety of colors from her blues, blacks, and whites pens. I have fuzzy, all yellow chicks,black chicks,black/yellow chicks and blueish chicks.I was wondering if there are any pictures anywhere that shows the chick colors and the colors they will be when adults. [​IMG]

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I don't know if feathersite will help any or not.
    I know that my EE chicks are all colors and I have noticed that as they are molting off I can tell a few patterns in colors.
    The yellows turn in to white and tans mixed feathers. My blue mottled colors are turning into a white and silver pattern. The blacks are mottled with some brown so I imagine they will sorta stay that way. If it is a solid blue, I have no idea.[​IMG]

There are a few clubs out there on the Internet that have photos of chicks and then the adults but I am not sure if the Aracauna site has it.
    Good luck![​IMG]

3. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you asked the seller?

Susan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by