Chick days are for wimps!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Sep 15, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Traveled to the city today for a doctor's appointment. Decided to stop into Atwoods while I was there and get the dogs some treats. It's Chick Days again! [​IMG] I'll have you know that I have a will of iron. I was able to admire the chicks and the adorable ducklings without having the urge to buy them all up and bring them home. I've decided that those of you who can't come home from the feed store without at least a few chicks just need to work on your willpower. [​IMG]

Okay, so the truth is I have a bator full of broken broody's eggs and DH has a very large gun collection should I forget that fact [​IMG] but hey! I'm still strong. [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You PASSED up DUCKLINGS???!?!?!?! My gawd, woman, you have an iron will, indeed!

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:And not just any ducklings, but RUNNER DUCKLINGS. [​IMG]

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG] Well done!

I have no problem with that kind of temptation, I've learned my limits! In fact, I think I have someone coming for the last 3 ducks tomorrow or Sat. Really hoping she does! [​IMG]

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:You could always send em to me. Keith likes you. He wouldn't shoot you. I don't think he'd shoot you. [​IMG]

6. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    When I get to the point were I don't need anymore chickens, then I'd be able to pass chicks up. But currently, I'm a wimp. [​IMG]

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Ummm, how do you know when you've reached that point? I still haven't. I just don't need any more chickens right at this moment.

8. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Quote:You could always send em to me. Keith likes you. He wouldn't shoot you. I don't think he'd shoot you. [​IMG]

Ranchy, if he gets a pistol or rifle, don't worry. Those are mainly for show. Now if he grabs a shotgun, he is serious. Run!!!

9. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Quote:Ummm, how do you know when you've reached that point? I still haven't. I just don't need any more chickens right at this moment.

Currently, my flock is in shambles. In the last month three chickens have died (we actually culled one) leaving the rest of my chickens distraught and jumpy. A predator two weeks ago just about killed all my chickens, I have a bird that wants to fight with another bird, and that bird wants to fight with everyone and everything. I have acquired SQ Partridge Wyandote pair trying to keep them quarantined....I have a obstinate broody sitting on three eggs. (my fault.. [​IMG]).....I have a Shamo that wants to fight..... I don't NEED anymore chickens now, but I want them. My flock is in the craziest time in their lives right now...(we moved recently) and I'm trying to bring it all together, but I just can't. My sis is getting married on our property in two weeks, everyone is yelling at eachother....wedding details are insane..... [​IMG] Sorry....I didn't mean to make this a rant. If I had the chance though....I'd buy some feed store chicks.

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas

Ranchy, if he gets a pistol or rifle, don't worry. Those are mainly for show. Now if he grabs a shotgun, he is serious. Run!!!

The latest addition to the collection is an AR-15 or some such nonsense of letters and numbers put together. It dang well better not be for show. It cost more than I spend a year on clothes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by