Chick Days !!! :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fduncan, Mar 5, 2013.

1. fduncan

fduncan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    Stopped to get feed today and discovered chick days are here ! Time for me to stay out of the feed store . I did come home with 3 ( would have been more but my hubby was there to stop me from bringing home a full box lol )
    So I got one straight run partridge cochin , 1 white jersey giants pullet and 1 black jersey giants pullet :) a tleast if I get my usual one or 2 to hatch this weekend they'll have a few friends :)

[​IMG]

2. binza1979

binza1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Utah
    I went to the feed store last weekend and was only going to buy 4 new birds....came home with 10! Darn this chicken math!

3. fduncan

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    It's so hard when their so cute ! I'm trying to control my chicken math this year I brought home 70 plus last year my husband will not be happy with me if I do it again lol

4. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    I keep seeing people post about the variety of breeds available at TSC, but all I have ever seen is leghorns, standard 'reds', and the occasional barred rock at my local stores. On the other hand, I guess it's a blessing in disguise. It keeps me from coming home with 70+ fluffy butts!

5. fduncan

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    The lack of variety would definitely help the addiction lol Ours is a Murdochs and I'm actually amazed they have some different things . Last year they had mainly gold sex links and leghorns ( they went on sale for a $1 a lot so I was always coming home with more )if that's all they'd had today I'd have had no problem walking out [​IMG]

6. AccidentalFarm

Mar 29, 2007
    Well, shoot! I'd bring home extras for $1, too! lol

7. zazoom783

zazoom783 New Egg

Feb 22, 2013
    The TSC in Roanoke had chicks this weekend. They were half price on Sunday. In VA the minimum purchase is 6. They didn't have much variety but they had order forms for many different breeds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. fduncan

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    Yeah at a buck I couldn't really go wrong lol Hubby's Sil was working there and would always tell me when they went on sale which was way to often someone way over ordered !

zazoom783 Wow thats a lot of chicks in a trough ! That's cool they let you order in different stuff in Murdochs does but they have a very high minimum for special orders . I tried to order guineas last year and I had to get I think 20 at like 7 bucks a pop was way more than I was looking to spend .

9. joeyfender

joeyfender Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2013
    Texas
    My local TSC has kept receiving shipments of Red Pullets for the last two months :(

10. AccidentalFarm

Mar 29, 2007
    Yep, that's what I've been seeing lately, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by