1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chick deposit?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by maplesky7, Sep 24, 2009.

1. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I just picked my 30 meaties (actually 32 + a free exotic) up from the post office.

I had to drive through the bank after that and they asked if I had chickens in the car? And I said, "yeah."

And they said, "Let's see."

So I reached in the box and took one out and they pushed out their drawer and I set the chick in and they brought him into the bank and everyone giggled and laughed and pet the little fluffy bottom.

It was pretty darned funny.

...of course they sent him back.

Then they said, "So what do you do? Just raise them and keep them?"

...and I said, well, I already have my egg layers I'm keeping...these are my meat birds...then one of the girl tellers turned and walked away...ha ha ha. Where's she think her chicken meat comes from? [​IMG]

oh that was fun.

I'm wondering about my "free" exotic. I got these from McMurray...last time I got a silver laced polish. This one... looks like it's got a regular head and it's black except for some buff under it's wings. Any guesses?

Thanks,
    gretchen

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    [​IMG]

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Pics needed for ID.

Chick in a drive thru drawer? [​IMG]

except I kinda feel for the little guy- must have been scary.....

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    I hope the chick did not leave a deposit in the drawer.....[​IMG]

5. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    It would have been funnier if he would have got to ride through the tube.

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    now the tube would have killed it I'm sure... plus it's a small town and there are no tubes...just one window. [​IMG]

pm firtjer oms[ectopm (ha ha... I wasn't looking and my fingers were placed wrong... what I meant to say was...)

on further inspection... the free chick has like a white bib and yellow on wing tips and on it's belly.

darn it all Ranchie...you and your pics... one of these days I'll take my computer apart and put the doohicky in that pc sent me so I can do pics... or maybe pc should just come here and do it himself. [​IMG]

...cuz i'm the queen of procrastination. (that's a song in my head I just made up.)

My 8 year old got off the bus a while ago and is THRILLED with the arrivals.

The schools are doing chicks/ducks hatching soon and I volunteered I'd take them from my friend's daughter's class. Wonder what I'll get.... [​IMG]

7. dadof4

dadof4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2008
    mississippi
    Quote:That's fast food.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by