1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick doesn't stand much

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Clearly, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Clearly

Clearly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    Seattle Suburb
    Hi there,

I have four chicks, and this guy, twelve days old, just lays around a lot. She or he will leap up at the others, preferring to take more flight than running. She will walk, though only when prodded. She's very sweet and docile, perhaps because she has no choice? Lol

I'm spending this evening with her trying to make her stand for a length of time, and I've made this one minute YouTube video of her. Will you take a short minute of your day and perhaps give me some advice?

Thank you!

2. LoveThemBirds

LoveThemBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Petting Buffy Like a Dog
    Perhaps she needs some electrolytes and probiotics.Be sure she's drinking and eating.

3. Clearly

Feb 18, 2015
    Seattle Suburb
    Thank you. I've put electrolytes in their water as of this morning and mixed some polyViSol with some yogurt for her, which she ate. She's behaving very strangely, and there is a marked difference between her and the others.

I'll keep you posted if it changes with the new vitamins and electrolytes.

4. LoveThemBirds

LoveThemBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Petting Buffy Like a Dog
    Did the markings randomly show up,or were they just,yhere?

5. Clearly

Feb 18, 2015
    Seattle Suburb
    Her markings have stayed the same. She's a Plymouth Rock, 11 days now, and you can see the feathers coming in on her shoulders now.

She's a sweet little thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by