1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick Dying :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chick456, Dec 6, 2013.

1. chick456

chick456 New Egg

Dec 6, 2013
    I think my three day old chick is dying we are trying to keep it alive but it's not eating anything what should we do? I am Desperate [​IMG]

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. MyPetNugget

MyPetNugget Enjoying the cold!!!

Hi and [​IMG]

First, keep it warm. It really keeps them warm if you hold them in your hands. Next, use a dropper to give it electrolyte water and maybe some more electrolyte water mixed with the feed. Hold it in your hands for as long as you can feeding it and helping it drink. Within a day it should start cheeping and walking. Don't let it get cold.

3. chick456

chick456 New Egg

Dec 6, 2013
    It is cheeping already!!! The problem is that black thing on it' butt

[​IMG]

4. chick456

chick456 New Egg

Dec 6, 2013
    Well I think he was born weak and when I fed him water he choked and he is pretty much dead right now. We suspect he is starving to death but won't eat anything:(

5. chick456

chick456 New Egg

Dec 6, 2013
    We can't decide if we should put it out of it's misery or wait till morning and let it die.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by