chick egg hatching day 20 help yo

elijahlawson

Hatching
Jul 25, 2017
i have a incubator and on day one i put 2 duck eggs in and one chick egg in. and ducks take 28 days and chicks take 21 days. on day 18 i kept the duck eggs in ecubation and took chick egg out and let it sit in a box for a day and half then put it under a heat lamp im on day 20 now i candled the egg and i can see it in there . how do i tell if its still good / still alive. did i frig up/

Why did you take it out for a day and a half? There's a good chance that that killed it, yes. Put it back in the incubator and see what happens if you can't tell whether it's alive when you candle it. A heat lamp is not going to cut it. Do you know what temperature it is under the heat lamp?

Also, this is why it's never a good idea to set duck and chicken eggs at the same time. Next time, if you want to do both at once, set the duck eggs, wait a week, and then set the chicken eggs.

temp is 98 degrees and humidity is 62 percent i candled it and its moving this is my first time i now kno not to do this next time

Back
Top Bottom