Chick Envy!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by serena763, Jun 19, 2010.

1. serena763

serena763 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2010
    I found a feed store closer to my house and decided to go pick up some chick feed and bedding since my chickies will be arriving on Wednesday (WOOHOO!!)...and they had 3 huge cages full of chicks!!! The last 3 feed stores I went to were out of chicks for the season so I ordered them online..and have to WAIT!! [​IMG] I was so mad!! I did stop to play with all the little chicks before I left! THEY WERE SO CUTE!!!! [​IMG] Just thought I'd share my frustrations!!!

2. tigerkitten45

tigerkitten45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    NH
    You mean you came home without any little fuzzybutts??? You got more willpower than me!! [​IMG]

3. serena763

Jun 11, 2010
    Trust me I want to drive over there again and buy them all!!! [​IMG][​IMG]:barnie:he

4. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    So buy two!! Or, get them all and cancel your online order. It's a win, win situation!!!! [​IMG]

5. Mommi3130

Mommi3130 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Michigan
    Ms.FuzzyButts :

So buy two!! Or, get them all and cancel your online order. It's a win, win situation!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Peppermint

Peppermint Chillin' With My Peeps

I think you should buy a couple from the feed store, so they can welcome your online chicks when they arrive!!!! Then the older chicks can show them the water...the food... [​IMG]

7. LadyBeartoothMamma

LadyBeartoothMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    yep thats what i did. I got five from our local feed store when they have them but i want to get all of the chickies lol.. We were only suppose to get four but then the lady looks at my daughter and says what other ones do you want? So my daughter pointed at the Black Australorps and got two..

Then one got taken by cat so I felt bad my daughter was upset. So the feedstore I go to and they have nothing no more chicks or ducks. So I had to order more online just got them two days ago. One didnt make it but i guess that happens. Anyway my hubby says no more and i agree ..

8. serena763

Jun 11, 2010
    It's too late to cancel my online order, I tried that!! BUT MAYBE I will go pick up a few chickadees on Monday...you know...so I can practice and get it all set up and ready for the newbies on Wednesday!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

....I cannot believe I am getting this giddy over CHICKENS!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by