1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Chick explosion! Lotsa pics

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Carole AM, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Carole AM

Carole AM Songster

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Here's some pix of what I hatched last week! There's 30 in the bin downstairs, and at least 25 out in the barn! Anybody need eggs? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    KABOOM!!! WOW, you have lotsa chicks!! LOL If I get any more chicks this year, DH m ight leave me to the dogs! LOL You are in chickie heaven there!

3. JillsChicks

JillsChicks Songster

May 31, 2007
    Western NY
    :DCongratulations on your beautiful chicks! I hope we do as well. We stated 18 eggs, 11 of which were mail order; seven came from a friend with hybrid chickens. Now if only I could get the temp right. See my post about the HovaBator Incubator if you have time, busy Mommy - or is it Daddy!? JillsChicks

4. drafthorse39

drafthorse39 Songster

Jan 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Quote:LMAO [​IMG]

5. aran

aran Songster

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    congrats!!! I have figured out a plan so cunning that you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel !!!!!!!!!! I figure that in order for my wife to not FREAK out about me getting more chickens I am going to "ACCIDENTALLY" put a whole bunch of fertile eggs in the homemade incubator from time to time...heheheheheheh:cool:

6. Carole AM

Carole AM Songster

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Thanks for all the replies! Last year I couldn't get ANYTHING to hatch in my bators--I was about to give up. [​IMG]
    A friend told me to move them to the basement, so I did. Maybe there was too much heat fluctuation in the house. I changed a wafer in my hovabator, and that made all the difference!

Now I can't stop hatching! This morning I have 6 more! lol [​IMG] Gez! Help me............[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: