Chick eye injury

NewchickieLTJ

Chirping
May 12, 2019
I have no idea what’s wrong with this baby’s eye. I think maybe it was pecked :( I put a titan brooder in yesterday, and maybe it happened underneath the brooder? It’s all swollen and she can’t close it. I put neosporin around the outside of the eye (that’s why it looks so wet), and some eye drops mixed with colloidal silver on it. Any thoughts? Will she be ok? I’m thinking she won’t have a functioning left eye after this. She was very healthy before this, and doesn’t seem to have anything else wrong. She’s eating and drinking now like normal. Maybe adding the titan brooder stressed them out and someone went nuts and pecked her :( It’s just her, one other silkie chick, and an Easter Egger chick.

Attachments

• 93CBFFA4-2AAB-4900-90FA-AE126857E20E.jpeg
    93CBFFA4-2AAB-4900-90FA-AE126857E20E.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 11
You did about as much as I would, flushing with saline would be helpful also. Keep an eye on it and if its eating/drinking/pooping seems to be fine/adjusting. If it's a peck then you'll need to keep a closer eye on the other one, bulling maybe?

2x Hencraze24

You did about as much as I would, flushing with saline would be helpful also. Keep an eye on it and if its eating/drinking/pooping seems to be fine/adjusting. If it's a peck then you'll need to keep a closer eye on the other one, bulling maybe?

2x Hencraze24
I think it was my Easter Egger. The two silkies were happy with the brooder set-up, but I could tell my Easter Egger didn’t like it. When I had the red light on them, she’d spend all day out digging around. I think she got bored with the brooder set-up, or stressed out, and started pecking. I’ve got them back to the light, and she’s keeping busy now.

Back
Top Bottom