Chick FEED

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by raymondjames, Oct 10, 2011.

1. raymondjames

raymondjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    One of my chicks pipped and i want to have some feed ready when they get out. Any recommended brands? Also please recommend ones i can find in stores (like at a PetCo or PetWorld because i always get bad luck with shipping because i live FAR out from boston (the closest major city). Any recommendations?

THANKS in ADVANCE

2. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Chillin' With My Peeps

Those 2 stores may not have any chic feed for sale, but you can call ahead and ask. Try a local farm store if you have any close by. Not sure where you live but I see your name is rayjay, so maybe I'm worng but I'm thinking financial and TampaBay area (used to live there). You might have a Tractor Supply north of Clearwater and you can grab some medicated chic starter feed there for sure.

3. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

You really do need a local farm supply store, feed store, Feed N Seed type rural store. Do some searching on the internet in your area.

4. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

I know Walmart now carries MannaPro products so if you have a Walmart nearby, go get the MannaPro Chick Starter.

5. raymondjames

Sep 18, 2011
    My neighbors have some chicken feed for their full grown chickens. Would smashing it up (it comes in thin cylinder pellets) work as a chick feed?

6. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    No, they really need chick feed. It has higher protien and usually soemthing in it to help guard again Cocci.

7. colebarnhart

No!!! Too high in calcium for new chix

8. colebarnhart

Where did they buy the feed? That store should have some for baby chix.

9. raymondjames

Sep 18, 2011
    Where did they buy the feed? That store should have some for baby chix.

Thanks i asked them and they showed us a store where they sell food for everything [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by