Chick fever

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jannakaye, Feb 23, 2015.

1. jannakaye

jannakaye Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2014
    Mississippi
    Its that time of the year again when you see everyone showing off their brand new babies and I'm about to lose my head. I want a brood of chicks SO BAD I could die, and I know I don't need them, I don't have the time to keep the brooder clean and buy special food and cuddle the fluffy little poof balls while they eat from my hand and if they're roosters I'd have to rehome them but those are my babies that I've raised I can't get rid of them! But it would be so nice to have some little peeps running around and annoying resident momma hen Jordan until she finally gives up and shows them where the good foraging ground is and- I'm rambling. I will not get chicks this year. I will not get chicks this year. I will- Hey, are those naked necks? No, I'm not ordering from this hatchery they're too far away the chicks will freeze I will NOT order chicks.
    Of corse if I get them from someone close by...

2. ChickenWing

ChickenWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Michigan
    So, what kind are you gonna get? lol

3. jannakaye

Jul 28, 2014
    Mississippi
    Maybe some sex links? I think TSC has them. None if I can keep myself away!

4. jannakaye

Jul 28, 2014
    Mississippi
    Oh dear. I've called TSC and they have red Rangers AND ducklings. I'm not gonna make it :eek:

5. rgoodwin

rgoodwin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2013
    I am in the same boat. I want some broilers for this year and would like to add some color to my layer flock. I have RR and Rhodebars now. I love having my chickens even in the cold now that i have learned to manage them! We also have Dairy Goats so my wife is thinking more goats too. Were growing!!!!!

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] That's a good one! Let us know which ones you get, okay?

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Black Sex Links are my favorite chickens; hardy and friendly egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. :eek:)

8. rgoodwin

rgoodwin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2013
    I think I am going to do a surprise pullet pack from a hatchery
    [​IMG]

9. jannakaye

Jul 28, 2014
    Mississippi
    I went in TSC the other day and may have lost every ounce of my self control for a few mins. Upon seeing the pens of adorable little peeps and quacks, I proceeded to remove the chain keeping people out of the baby area and pick up and cuddle everyone at least twice. The store worker who was watching me thought I was insane. Before I had a chance to drag all 8 of the tubs to the checkout, my mom, who was waiting in the car, came in and had to practically drag me out of the store. I'm not doing good, folks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by