Chick Fight

redblackfan

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2020
Got a photo of the poop? LOL

If you give him any more of the Premoxil, then I would split the dose in 1/2. A whole tablet is for stags 5 months and older. If this guy is only around 2 months, the dose is too high.
I was just making sure it was tablet, it comes in a powder as well that can be mixed in water.

Face isn't too bad. You mention him breathing. Do you see any air bubbles under the skin or odd swelling along the abdomen, under the wings, etc.? Feel him over for like an air lump under the skin, just to make sure he's not got a ruptured air sac. I don't think so, he's not gasping, but it's better to check.

Use your judgement on moving him back with his old friends. They don't always stay friends if you get my meaning. He's in a weakened state, so you may want to consider caging him right next to the others. Keep his wounds moist with triple antibiotic ointment.
His face looks ok to me, eyes look real good. Even that can be deceptive if he got his bell rung good, it can take a couple of days for them to come right. The breathing is what I would watch, sometimes they aspirate blood and that can cause some gurgling, but the antibiotic should help with infection if that's the case.
Work on hydrating him. The Premoxil probably won't hurt to finish it, but 1/2 that dose.
Thanks, he stopped breathing hard. I think it was just for last night cause he was exhausted. He actually bite his old friends and it looks like he is still thier pack leader.

LaFleche

Meadow Devil
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Sep 22, 2012
Germany
To help him recover and entice him to eat, you could give him some scrambled egg and millet/rolled oats.

Wyorp Rock

🐓 ❤ 🐛
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
Thanks, he stopped breathing hard. I think it was just for last night cause he was exhausted. He actually bite his old friends and it looks like he is still thier pack leader.
Good.
They can get really exhausted, so if he's perking up that's good.
I would still keep a close eye on them, they can go into fight mode in hurry.

If he's drinking well, then the eating will come soon enough. I usually just provide their normal feed and maybe a wet mash if they act like their face is tender.

LaFleche

Meadow Devil
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Sep 22, 2012
Germany
Do I cook the eggs the same way if I would eat it. Like with oil and stuff?
No oil, no other stuff. Just the scrambled eggs in the frying pan and when they are cooked, add a little millet and fine rolled oats to the mix and let it cool down before serving.

Top Bottom