chick-fil-a

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hensandchickscolorado, May 19, 2011.

1. hensandchickscolorado

hensandchickscolorado Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Englewood Colorado
    I'd just like to share that after getting our first set of 4 chicks, I am VERY disinterested in eating chicken!

My daughter asked if we could go to Chick Fil A yesterday and I firmly told her NO! I can't bear the thought of it.

Has this happened to anyone else!! How long will it last!

For now, it's pork chops for dinner [​IMG].

2. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    I went through that for about a month, then it turned into full on vegetarian diet for another month. Didn't last much longer than that though [​IMG]

3. LadyFunnyFarm

LadyFunnyFarm Out Of The Brooder

I can honestly say that since becoming a Chicken Herder that I am actually more excited about the prospect of eating chicken, just not so excited about commercial chicken. The plan has always been for some of ours to provide eggs & some to be freezer fodder. [​IMG] To each their own though. i can totally understand how attached you can get now!

4. melloladies

melloladies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    I CANNOT butcher whole chickens, or get into bone cutting at all- I had a whole chicken roaster that I was trying to quarter, and I looked out my kitchen window into my yard, and then down at the cutting board and I almost cried! I decided to let my husband do it when he got home [​IMG]
    I try to buy my meat from sources that I know it was "happy" and just had one bad day. That's how I deal with it. I'm a meateater. Can't quit. Wouldn't want to.

5. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't have that problem, but I was surprised at a recent meeting of our poultry club that many former chicken eaters can no longer eat chicken at all. They eat the eggs, but not chicken meat. We had a butchering workshop and I know I will never, ever be able to kill my chickens, even if I raise them for meat. I'll cut them up, but no way I can kill them.

6. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    I could have easily been swayed to the emotional side and humanize the chickens. I decided not to..nope..doing meat birds soon.

7. pixiedouglas

pixiedouglas Chillin' With My Peeps

I have never and will never touch or eat chicken off a bone anyways, so I just pretend it's tofu. :p

8. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:My sister-in-law doesn't eat any meat that has a bone--not even T-bone steak. The bone has to be gone before it is cooked or she won't eat it.

9. tylersmum

tylersmum Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2010
    Maine
    Quote:My sister-in-law doesn't eat any meat that has a bone--not even T-bone steak. The bone has to be gone before it is cooked or she won't eat it.

I am the same way! I can have the meat cooked on the bone but the bones do not come to the table with me EVER. As for eating chicken now that I have my little peeps... I have trained my brain that meat birds are ugly and mean and look nothing like my little sweeties. Not always true but so far it has helped. I've never been much of a meat eater anyway and could easily become a veggie only gal.

10. HenHouseMama

HenHouseMama New Egg

May 10, 2011
    When we brought our chicks home from our local farm store, we stopped and got chicken strips. I felt like it was wrong, with them in the car, but those strips were so good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by