CHICK GOT ATTACKED BY DOG! -URGENT WHAT DO I DO?!

Chikaroo

Hatching
May 31, 2020
I recently got six chicks from a hatchery. Loved them all so much, Unfortunately, just yesterday the family dog got into the brooder early in the morning and killed two of them, before I got to the scene, The four were all alive, but one had something done to her wing. Its almost folded over her back, but, can be shifted back into place with no discomfort. There are no punctures, no blood, but she is limping everywhere she goes.. Shes lying down a lot, resting whenever she gets the chance, luckily, shes still eating and drinking regularly. her wing is bent a little but I cant see much. She doesn't scratch, although she tries to peck and look for stuff in the ground. She isnt screeching from pain or anything. But Im still worried she might end up with disability or death.
What do I do??

I recently got six chicks from a hatchery. Loved them all so much, Unfortunately, just yesterday the family dog got into the brooder early in the morning and killed two of them, before I got to the scene, The four were all alive, but one had something done to her wing. Its almost folded over her back, but, can be shifted back into place with no discomfort. There are no punctures, no blood, but she is limping everywhere she goes.. Shes lying down a lot, resting whenever she gets the chance, luckily, shes still eating and drinking regularly. her wing is bent a little but I cant see much. She doesn't scratch, although she tries to peck and look for stuff in the ground. She isnt screeching from pain or anything. But Im still worried she might end up with disability or death.
What do I do??

We had one of our dogs get into the brooder once and she did something similar. The bad news is we lost all injured chicks. I would give the vet a call and ask their opinion. I suspect the wing is probably broken or dislocated.

We had one of our dogs get into the brooder once and she did something similar. The bad news is we lost all injured chicks. I would give the vet a call and ask their opinion. I suspect the wing is probably broken or dislocated.
Thanks, Shes healing really well, she can fly and run but with a bit of a limp so, thats good news :) Will look into calling a vet

Back
Top Bottom