Chick got lick lots by dog

I'm so sorry for your chick, but it sounds like you're taking great care of her.
Good luck!
(Also, if the chick has any other chicks that she's close to, I suggest putting them together. My duck once got attacked by the older ducks and was extremely stressed out. Her best friend and sister really helped.)

Since she just went through this, it might be a good idea to place some rocks or something just in case she falls in the bowl and becomes too weak to escape. I apologize but my mind always has a tendency to think about the worst case scenario. Please bare with me. I hope you'll keep us updated on her progress
i will! i might as well put in some rocks in the water. how big of rocks maybe this size?
IMG_20210507_195300.jpg
this size?
IMG_20210507_195321.jpg
or thi size?
IMG_20210507_195345.jpg
the water bowl is about this big:
IMG_20210507_195832.jpg
so have a sugjestion on the size?

I'm so sorry for your chick, but it sounds like you're taking great care of her.
Good luck!
(Also, if the chick has any other chicks that she's close to, I suggest putting them together. My duck once got attacked by the older ducks and was extremely stressed out. Her best friend and sister really helped.)
shes ontop of her friends' brooder does that count?

Just rocks so she doesn't drown. Whenever I have young chicks, I use a chick drinker which is very shallow and even with that, I place those flat shiny decorative rocks all the way around to keep them from falling in somehow. They can find themselves in the craziest of circumstances. You just want to make sure the water isn't very deep at all. They can drink in between the rocks or whatever you use

Just rocks so she doesn't drown. Whenever I have young chicks, I use a chick drinker which is very shallow and even with that, I place those flat shiny decorative rocks all the way around to keep them from falling in somehow. They can find themselves in the craziest of circumstances. You just want to make sure the water isn't very deep at all. They can drink in between the rocks or whatever you use
ok!

I think being on her friend's brooder will be nice for her-
being together might be better. Are they very different in age? If there is a possibility they will attack one another, or if she is not very, VERY good friends with her friend, you probably shouldn't let them interact while she's very stressed.
My duck's friend hatched with her. They haven't left each other's side at all, not once in their whole lives. Does your chick have a bird like that near her?

I think being on her friend's brooder will be nice for her-
being together might be better. Are they very different in age? If there is a possibility they will attack one another, or if she is not very, VERY good friends with her friend, you probably shouldn't let them interact while she's very stressed.
My duck's friend hatched with her. They haven't left each other's side at all, not once in their whole lives. Does your chick have a bird like that near her?
her twin sister. they havent left sides since we got them. but im afraid of trampling

Makes sense...
I have a chick who is ALWAYS getting sat on. Poor Sandstorm. Once I absolutely freaked out because I couldn't find her. I screamed "AHHHHH, WHERE IS THE THIRD CHICK, AHHHH!" And then I saw that there was a yellow fuzzy thing under Ebony.
So anyways, yeah, you do need to watch out for trampling...
but if you could get them even closer, like in the brooder but separated by mesh or something like that, that might comfort your chick. You might want to wait until she's a bit calmer, though, if you want to do that, because moving a chick around is also pretty stressful for them.

Back
Top Bottom