1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chick has trouble balancing n wont drink water

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by only one chick, Oct 31, 2016.

1. only one chick

only one chick New Egg

Oct 31, 2016
    trouble balancing falls over when sleep legs shake when I make her stand won't drink water out of a bowl and is quiet under heat help please

2. only one chick

only one chick New Egg

Oct 31, 2016
    She is fine off her feet tho on my chest

3. only one chick

only one chick New Egg

Oct 31, 2016

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    How old is the chick? Do you have a brooder with heat lamp. Please post in detail at ""emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures,"thread

1 person likes this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    1 person likes this.
  6. only one chick

only one chick New Egg

Oct 31, 2016
    . ....... My. Response ok a week or two I just got here one looked sick but they were all cold I plugged in my heater for the runt. She acts like her legs are week keeps calling over I put her in her own box n opening and my electric heater n I put towl folder up to prop her up when it warms up at daylight I'll see if she stands up if not I won't put her to sleep or kill her I'll just prop her up to build up leg n neck muscles and get vitamn n bottle water her this site helps a lot poor baby's wernt warm enough they were n a bird cage with a weak heating lamp n I put cover over it it warmed up they happy they stopped chirping .... I'll just be asking to keep the baby I'll fix her or make her something to prop her up lol n bottle water her she eats food sound good

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so sorry to hear about your chick. :( Don't want to be miss negative Nancy, but honestly, when little chicks get sick, they just don't seem to get better. I would try giving her some Sav-A-Chick or Nutri-Drench, and you could also try giving her some scrambled eggs, but other then that, there just isn't a ton to be done for her IMO. I hope you enjoy BYC!!

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, only one chick, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard! Sorry about your chick. Hope she gets feeling better soon. :)

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by