Chick hatched! questions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sloallie10, Nov 20, 2010.

1. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Is it ok that the chick is moving around the other eggs? There is a white jelly looking thing on the top of his/her head, is that ok? Is it ok that the chick cant walk? Is 24 hours the longest the chick can be in the bator with the other eggs that havnt hatched? What if the chick is in longer that 24 hours? Is it ok that we see tiny blood spots?

thanks! happy hatching! [​IMG]

2. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Not sure about the white stuff or the blood spots, but yes the chick can be in there just fine. Chicks can live for three days after hatching without eating.

Hope you have a sucessful hatch

Rancher

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Yes the chick is ok moving around in there. The white thing on its head is membrane. What do you mean it can't walk? Is it standing and just too crowded? 72 hours is longest in a bator for a new baby. Blood spots on what?

4. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Quote:Yes the chick is ok moving around in there. The white thing on its head is membrane. What do you mean it can't walk? Is it standing and just too crowded? 72 hours is longest in a bator for a new baby. Blood spots on what?

Im pretty sure its not the membrane. Its kinda gooey like a blister..? Its above the left eye. But I think it will dry up. Well now the chick is trying to walk im just assuming its too weak and needs some rest. Well at first the chick was very new at walking and she ran into all the other eggs. But now she will kinda waddle over and try to cuddle the other eggs and sometimes bump them. And at first her little butt had some blood and it touched the incubator and ya.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by