Chick hatched with just a tiny tiny bit of yolk sac out.

happyhens44

BroodyAddict
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Northern WI
My chick hatched with a tad bit of yolk sac out (smaller then a pea) its dry now, like kind of dryed up. What should I do will it dry up and fall off? or will she pull it inside her soon, shes hatched 15 hours ago about..

I have never had that happen, but I would think that if it has dried up, it should fall off.

Hopefully someone w/ more experience will jump on here and offer advise.

Good Luck!

When they are dried up I let time take care of it and it should fall off. Once in while one will have something happen and it will pull all egg yolk out of baby chick and kill it. But most of time it will dry up and fall off by self. When a chick is first hatched I will take blow dryer on low setting and put egg yolk hanging out up in chick and blow dry area and when it is almost dry the egg yolk will stay up in chick.

Wayne&Kim1963 :

When they are dried up I let time take care of it and it should fall off. Once in while one will have something happen and it will pull all egg yolk out of baby chick and kill it. But most of time it will dry up and fall off by self. When a chick is first hatched I will take blow dryer on low setting and put egg yolk hanging out up in chick and blow dry area and when it is almost dry the egg yolk will stay up in chick.

k, thanks. Its really little and already dried up. Ill try the blow dryer thing, because when it hatched it diddent have the yolk out, it came out when the kid started to attempt to walk. Thanks though Ill try the blow dryer trick

thanks people who commented.​

Back
Top Bottom