Chick hatched without beak (pics)

dawg53

Humble
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Nov 27, 2008
Glen St Mary, Florida
Hi @dawg53
I was reading your thread from July and was wondering what ended up happening?
Unfortunately I had to cull the chick. The other chick turned out just fine and after two weeks there was a huge size difference. The little beakless chick was smaller and had become weaker and weaker and was unable to eat or drink.
I tried to help the poor thing eat and drink, but it was just too much to handle.

On a happy note, I went to TSC and bought two EE chicks to keep the other BR chick company. It all worked out perfectly even though the two EE chicks were 2 weeks older than the BR chick.
The BR chick turned out to be a beautiful BR pullet and all three pullets should start laying eggs by the end of next month.

-Flash-

Crowing
Sep 15, 2021
NSW, Australia
Unfortunately I had to cull the chick. The other chick turned out just fine and after two weeks there was a huge size difference. The little beakless chick was smaller and had become weaker and weaker and was unable to eat or drink.
I tried to help the poor thing eat and drink, but it was just too much to handle.

On a happy note, I went to TSC and bought two EE chicks to keep the other BR chick company. It all worked out perfectly even though the two EE chicks were 2 weeks older than the BR chick.
The BR chick turned out to be a beautiful BR pullet and all three pullets should start laying eggs by the end of next month.
That's sad.... but that is pure luck! 3 pullets!

Top Bottom