1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by nhorrin, Feb 4, 2012.

1. nhorrin

nhorrin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2011
    Anyone have experience with ChickHatchery.com? I want to get some Buff Chanteclers and found this website. The name attached to the site is John W Blehm in Birch Run MI.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Nothing but POSITIVE feedbacks! Never ordered but had alot of friends that did and they were very pleased with his stock.

3. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    Yes, I have ordered from him before and am quite happy with the Ameraucanas I got from him. I got blacks, silvers, and the remainder were hatchery choice (buffs, wheatens, lavender). You won't regret ordering from him! He also designed his own nest box. 2012 is the last year he's selling chicks, so if you're considering ordering from him, this is it.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Really? How come it is his last year?

Oh boy, IF I need some BAD, then I better get going and ORDER!

5. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    I know he said he was going to focus more on "Fowl Stuff," his line of poultry products. He mentioned it on the ABC forum and told us that the whole chickhatchery.com domain was for sale as well. As I recall, he did say he'd be keeping some of his chickens, but it didn't sound like many.

6. nmatula

nmatula Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2012
    I've heard good things.

7. nmatula

nmatula Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] I know he is not getting any younger so I don't blame him if he wants to cut back a bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by