Chick's first pip, 14 hours, VERY LITTLE PROGRESS, need immediate help

alireza18feb

Songster
Mar 28, 2020
Hello
Tonight is the beginning of day 20
I have just noticed a crack on one of the eggs, it has broken the eggshell, but the egg membrane is still intact, it's been an hour and I just heard it call with that chick sound once, I'm afraid it might be suffocated in there
What should I do? I don't want to lose it, pics attached in next posts

Last edited:
Hello
Tonight is the beginning of day 20
I have just noticed a crack on one of the eggs, it have broken the eggshell, but the egg membrane is still intact, it's been an hour and I just heard it call with that chick sound once, I'm afraid it might be suffocated in there
What should I do? I don't want to lose it
It's fine, I promise. Leave it be.

More than likely the chick piped, and more than likely it did pip through the membrane also and is fine. Post a picture if you want to help
They say we should not open the incubator at this point so that's the best I could do

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200401-034537.png
    Screenshot_20200401-034537.png
    797.2 KB · Views: 11
They have a lot of work to do after the initial pip (you often can't see the break in the membrane, but it will be there) and before they get down to the business of unzipping. After that external pip it can take around 24 hours for them to absorb the remains of their egg yolk as well as the blood that has been running through the veins in the membrane. It's quite a process.

This is the stage that really tests your patience, but they will more than likely be absolutely fine, and jumping in to 'help' too soon will only end in disaster.

Back
Top Bottom