Chick's first pip, 14 hours, VERY LITTLE PROGRESS, need immediate help

They have a lot of work to do after the initial pip (you often can't see the break in the membrane, but it will be there) and before they get down to the business of unzipping. After that external pip it can take around 24 hours for them to absorb the remains of their egg yolk as well as the blood that has been running through the veins in the membrane. It's quite a process.

This is the stage that really tests your patience, but they will more than likely be absolutely fine, and jumping in to 'help' too soon will only end in disaster.
X2. The pic look like it should at this point.. patience is key..

They have a lot of work to do after the initial pip (you often can't see the break in the membrane, but it will be there) and before they get down to the business of unzipping. After that external pip it can take around 24 hours for them to absorb the remains of their egg yolk as well as the blood that has been running through the veins in the membrane. It's quite a process.

This is the stage that really tests your patience, but they will more than likely be absolutely fine, and jumping in to 'help' too soon will only end in disaster.
Thank you sir
Alright I'll let it be, I've heard that assisted hatches are likely to result in dead chicks

OK it's been 12 hours and here's the latest pic of the progress the chick has made
Is it disappointing? Should I assist the chick? Sorry for bad English

Attachments

• IMG_20200401_142337.jpg
    IMG_20200401_142337.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 4
Anyone?

I can see her beak
It comes out and gets in again, 14 hours from the first pip, not much progress

Hatching is tough. She will take many breaks here and there, that is normal. She is absorbing her yolk right now, which is crucial. She should start making more progress soon.

If you have anymore questions or anything, ask away. I'm pretty much always online willing to help answer questions.
Thank you so much
It's been 20 days and a half
It made its first pip yesterday, what if it didn't break out at 24th hour, should I stay assisting it? Or I should wait since its just the 21Th day?

Back
Top Bottom