Chick Help

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by goldenbuffies, Oct 19, 2013.

1. goldenbuffies

goldenbuffies Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I hatched this chick a few day ago...
    it started pecking a hole and in less then a hour it was 3/4 of the way out but it just stopped i just kept thing that it was going to still come out it was just resting. Hours later it looked like the egg was drying up... i was to scared to help it because the last time i helped a chick it dyed.
    I when to bed and came back to the same thing, egg still dry and 3/4 of the way open.
    i could not wait any longer so i chipped away the shell, the chick was really stuck.
    i took it out and left it in the incubator. i watched it all day and found that it was not getting up it just kept flopping around, it looked like it's legs were broken, his head looked kind of bend, but i thought that it just looks bent because it was in the egg for a long time and it was stiff and it was panting like it was really hot.
    i tried giving it water by dipping the beck in water and giving it water from a dropper, it did drink some but just kind of spit it out.
    I even tried putting a leg brace of so he can stand up, but that didn't work...

So if any one had a chick like this. any help would be great

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
  3. goldenbuffies

goldenbuffies Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    No it's a Buff orpington chick...

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member