1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick Hollywood and Barney's Biddies have newbies.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cdawson41, Sep 4, 2010.

1. cdawson41

cdawson41 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2010
    Missouri
    OMGoodness, today has been an awesome day! Mother and I got up this morning and went to a sale. We saw two of the most beautiful roo's I think I have ever seen. Mother starting bidding on the first one and had to stop, he sold for $30.00. Not to be undone there was a second beautiful roo and she started bidding on that one, yea it sold for $27.50 so she didn't get that one either. Mom has had such a bad week and she was so looking forward to getting a roo and some hens today. So the next set of 12 red and white Sexlinks went up and yea that bid got to high so we had to stop. Mom looked like a sad child, so the next set came up 11 Black Sexlinks, the bidding started and I just kept hitting it, and woo hoo we got that set. Now the interesting part is mom only has room for three hens and a roo, so guess where the other 8 are now. I called DH and said did you get the divider wall done in our run, of course the answer was not and I said please get on it, the response was why? I said I'm coming home with 8 more featherbabies LOL.

Mom was so excited and happy, that made me happy, I was so excited and happy so it was double fun today! I'll try to put some pics up tomorrow, but they are beautiful to mom and I, we just love them.

So our home now has 12 Sexlinks, some red and white and the new black ones, living in Chick Hollywood, and mom's coop name Bareny's Biddes now has a roo and three hens.

[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Awesome story!

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    X2
    Can't wait for Pics! [​IMG]

4. cdawson41

cdawson41 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2010
    Missouri
    The new girls are settling in well. Last night they wouldn't go in the coop by themselves so we had to put them in there. The coop they had before us was all open, like a dog run, the nesting boxes and everything were outside, so this is new for them. One went and investigated the coop by herself today and laid an egg in the next box so that was really cool. They have also found the sandbox we have for them so sandbathing has begun LOL. They are so like watching children with new toys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Beautiful Gal's! [​IMG]
    Do they lay large brown eggs? [​IMG]

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Those are lovely girls! I'm glad you made your Mom happy, too.

(My BSL Greta lays some really nice sized light brown eggs.)

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Very nice! I never thought of having a sandbox for hens but what a great idea!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by