Chick hurt

cleoandtheflock

Crowing
Jan 16, 2019
Georgia
my new chick Dottie that was hatched by my broody got hurt.

Her and her mama live separately from the flock in a makeshift coop in the run but sometimes her mama needs to move around so I let them out to waddle around really quick under careful supervision especially around my Easter eggers and I foolishly thought they were fine for one minute and filled up the feeders but then I hear Dottie my chick scream I ran back and she had near her tail part of skin off and dangling HELP she is chirping her little head off so I apply anything to it??
ECD356F2-7C3F-41D2-941D-36D7A2865CAB.jpeg

my new chick Dottie that was hatched by my broody got hurt.

Her and her mama live separately from the flock in a makeshift coop in the run but sometimes her mama needs to move around so I let them out to waddle around really quick under careful supervision especially around my Easter eggers and I foolishly thought they were fine for one minute and filled up the feeders but then I hear Dottie my chick scream I ran back and she had near her tail part of skin off and dangling HELP she is chirping her little head off so I apply anything to it??View attachment 1913899
Put some antibacterial spray or ointment on her and give her back to her mother.
Where did the broody rank in the flock before she went broody? It's better if she was a high ranking member before going broody as they are far better at protecting their chicks than low ranking members.

She was the highest ranking but everyone started to be mean to her while she was brooding the eggs and now she is low on the pecking order.

Where can I get some antibacterial spray or ointment?

Back
Top Bottom