Chick ID help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by snakecharmer, Mar 29, 2009.

1. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2009
    Kansas City, KS
    My father in law hatched a bunch of chicks from some eggs he was given. He doesn't know what kind they are but is giving us about a half dozen. I would like to know what they are if anybody can ID them. They are just under 2 weeks old if it makes a difference.

thanks, here is a bad cell phone pic of one. Sorry but its all I have because they are still at my inlaws place down south.
    [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Welsummer? Partridge Rock? Sussex?

Almost need some more pics.

3. snakecharmer

Mar 2, 2009
    Kansas City, KS
    I will probably have to wait till I get down that way and take some with a real camera. There are a few different breeds it looks like in the batch. I have a video of them also but I cant figure out how to get it out of the cell phone format and post it. I think the video shows them better.

4. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    It does look a lot like a partridge rock. What color were the eggs? If they were brown, were they light, dark, VERY light, or what?

Do you know if they are pure or mixed?

5. snakecharmer

Mar 2, 2009
    Kansas City, KS
    Quote:I dont really know. There was just a batch of mixed eggs that my father in law got from a cousin or something. No idea what they came from but they were all different colors. I believe 18 hatched and there look to be at least a few different breeds in there. I wish i could get the video to work, I think it shows all the different ones more clearly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by