Chick ID..mixed bantams and BR's Is that a Frizzle?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by okiemommy, Jul 17, 2008.

1. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    Here are my two standard Barred Rocks....I know one is a cockeral, and is the other a pullet?

[​IMG]

Here are my three light babies, the one on the far left is white, the other two are a yellowish white; more variegated. Can anyone tell me what breed the bantams are, and hopefully the sex? Thanks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the two black/brown babies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here are my two favorites, one of each, whatever they are! Is one a Frizzle?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    That is a VERY INTERESTING bunch of chicks you got there. They are all cute [​IMG]

3. okiemommy

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    LOL! I think so too. [​IMG] My kids picked them out, so that's why they are so hodgepodge for lack of a better word [​IMG]

ETA any ideas on what they are? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  4. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    I'm no expert, but these are my guesses.
    Your lights look lie 2 porcelain d'uccles and maybe a white cochin. The blacks look like cochins. and Your frizzle could be a silkie. And a banty RIR?

5. okiemommy

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    Thanks! I was thinking a banty RIR too, and I also thought silkie, but arent they supposed to have black skin and black legs?.....I think he/she may have purple, or darkish skin.

6. purplepoen

purplepoen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Michigan
    I'm almost possitive that your barred rocks are a male and a female. It's not only the comb, but the ladies are usually darker that the roos in the barred rock breed.

7. okiemommy

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    I'm almost possitive that your barred rocks are a male and a female. It's not only the comb, but the ladies are usually darker that the roos in the barred rock breed.

YAY!!!!​

8. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    1st pic - BR pair

2nd and 3rd pics - look like cochins

4th and 5th pics - also cochins

6th and 7th pics - possibly silkie and a ??? (cant see the comb)

Do you have any larger pics? Also, the lighting in these pics is poor and unnatural, do you have any better pics?

9. okiemommy

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    Do you have any larger pics? Also, the lighting in these pics is poor and unnatural, do you have any better pics?

lol

I uploaded the size that said website/message board size, and when I saw them I knew they would be too small [​IMG] I can take some more tomorrow when I have natural light. [​IMG]

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

The cute silkie feathered one is a mix of some sort, You can tell by the comb and skin color. Could be silkie and cochin cross of sorts. Very cute chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by