Chick ID please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mrs. Foghorn Leghorn, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Mrs. Foghorn Leghorn

Mrs. Foghorn Leghorn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2008
    East Central FL
    We inherited these from a 4H family. We don't know the breed but they are very healthy.

Can anybody help?
    [​IMG]
    It's hard to see, but they do have some feathers on their feet. The age here is approx 1 wk.

[​IMG]

Thanks. As you can see, I'm new here and new to chicken raising. We have 2 Leghorn chicks. Our goal is to end up w/ 2 egg-laying hens for the home.

2. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I dont know either...I'd just call em cute too! Maybe when they get a few more wing feathers it'll be easier to tell. I still have 2 month old banties that I cant figure out.

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    They look an awful lot like my light brahma chicks did at one week, except for the tips of their wings being slightly different. [​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Light Brahmas is my guess...

Here is mine at 11 days old:

[​IMG]

5. Mrs. Foghorn Leghorn

Mrs. Foghorn Leghorn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2008
    East Central FL
    I went and took a couple more pics to make into this collage of the wings. I think you guys are probably right. They do seem to match what I'm googling on Light Brahamas.

[​IMG]

I also started handfeeding them some mealworms for treats. I'm learning so much from you all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by